I Should Tell You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A post-RENT role play, two years after the ending of the show/film

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to I SHOULD TELL YOU. A Post-RENT rp. Feel free to look around and if this is the place for you. We're just opened on December 5th. The admins are happy to help you out as much as possible. We are currently accepting Canons and Originals. There are no bans as of this moment.

Canons: 1
Originals: 1
Females: 1
Males: 1

Winter in New York City, look for cooler temperatures and high emotions as yet another year prepares to come to a close.

MEMBER: name here name here

FEMALE: name here name here

MALE: name here name here

COUPLE: names here names here

THREAD: name here name here

Thank you to ForuMotion Support for the super-duper awesome coding support-- you guys are gods. And thank you to FiXiT on Hitskin for the skin.

Sidebar and forum graphics belong to remy13hadley at Caution 2.0 you steal them she will personally come and rip you to pieces she worked hard on them thank you.

Header and pips belong to randa at Shadowplay

Content belongs to the members of the site, and the canon characters are property of Jonathan Larson's family we are just borrowing them. We own nothing we RENT.

I'll Stand By You

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Samantha James
Original
Original
Samantha James

I'll Stand By You - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:12 am

Sammy stood up slowly, nodding as she did so. "Yeah, that's fine with me," she said. Going back to the room would mean she could focus on Roger again, focus on what Roger needed her to be, and not what she'd done all those years ago. After all, she couldn't blame herself for what had happened, could she? She was just a scared teenager, right?
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis
Canon
Canon
Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:19 am

He waited until shed confirmed and stood before getting to his feet as well. The mirror flashed a ghost at him before letting him see his own worse for the wear reflection. He didnt pay it much mind, didnt dwell on the spot the note rested, insted followed Sammy back to the bedroom. It was still morning wasn't it? At least, if it was morning before when he thought it was. They were going in a whole lot of circles today.
Back to top Go down
Samantha James
Original
Original
Samantha James

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:26 am

Sammy headed back toward the bedroom, keeping an eye on Roger while they walked.Since her balance was worse than his, she didn't really know what she'd do if he were to stumble, or to fall unless she went after her walker just for something for him to hold on to. She walked in to the bedroom, sitting on a corner edge at the foot of the bed.
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis
Canon
Canon
Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:22 am

His head was spinning but it was one of the few times Roger was was glad the Loft wasnt very big. He sat down on the bed next to her and than flopped backwards. The bed had pretty much been stripped down the night before, and so there wasnt anything to look at or hide under. He basically got to stare at a spot on the ceiling. Not exactly captivating. He tossed a glance at Sammy; fake laugh. "still would have signed up for this if you could do it again?"
Back to top Go down
Samantha James
Original
Original
Samantha James

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:37 am

Sammy laid back a moment or two after Roger did, turning onto her side so she could see him easier, her earlier sudden rush of memories gone. She gave a small smile when Roger asked if she'd do it again if she could, reaching over to play with a bit or Roger's hair. "In a heartbeat darlin, every single time," she answered.
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis
Canon
Canon
Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:49 am

He smiled a little. "Youre crazy..in a good way" Roger knew he shouldnt have been surprised by her descision but he had to ask. He took her hand that was still on the bed as her other one found its way into his hair.
Back to top Go down
Samantha James
Original
Original
Samantha James

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:54 am

"Can't be anything less than crazy to put up with your stubborn ass," Sammy chuckled, smiling when he took her hand. "But your just as crazy as I am y'know, to fall for my broken mess." She'd never quite understood why Roger had cared so deeply for her, she only knew that she cared for him just as much. "Guess we're just a couple basket cases aren't we?"
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis
Canon
Canon
Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:42 am

He made a face, slightly protesting her statement. She wasnt a mess, not in his eye. But if she was, then they both were. That was for certain. And they were both crazy too. "Yeah, we are." he agreed.
Back to top Go down
Samantha James
Original
Original
Samantha James

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:54 am

"But I'd rather be crazy and have you then be normal and alone," said Sammy. Crazy's more fun anyway, makes life more entertaining if you ask me."
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis
Canon
Canon
Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:24 pm

"sometimes," he agreed. Crazy definitely had its perks. It had its bad bits too, sometimes. But it usually made for fun "id rather be crazy and have you any day"
Back to top Go down
Samantha James
Original
Original
Samantha James

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:29 pm

"Well good," said Sammy. "Cause you're stuck with me," she chuckled softly. She glanced at the hand that Roger held for a moment, squeezing his hand gently. "You want anythin' darlin?" she asked. "Drink, anythin'?"
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis
Canon
Canon
Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:56 pm

"I wouldnt have it any other way" Roger assured, following her eyes to their hands as she gave his a squeeze. "Nah, im alright, unless you wanna go get something?" hed follow her if that was the case but it didnt really matter to him either way.
Back to top Go down
Samantha James
Original
Original
Samantha James

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Sammy shook her head. "I'm alright, just makin' sure you didn't want anythin'," she said. Her accent was a constant flow now that she wasn't taking the time to actually watch how she spoke and trying to hide it.
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis
Canon
Canon
Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:42 pm

"alright. Thanks" Roger said. He wanted to note that her accent was sexy and she shouldnt try so hard to hide it, but he figured pointing it out would make her conscious of it and he could wait.
Back to top Go down
Samantha James
Original
Original
Samantha James

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:55 pm

"Told you I'd take care of you," Sammy told him. "I meant it too, I'm in this for the long haul Roger," she said. "I know this isn't easy, and I just wanna make sure you're comfortable as possible."
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis
Canon
Canon
Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:03 pm

"no wonder youre so popular at the clinic, huh? With that kind of an attitude." He shook his head. Now if only his stubborn ass could just get used to it. "you must get hit on all the time" oh right, he was trying not to make those kinds of comparisons.
Back to top Go down
Samantha James
Original
Original
Samantha James

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:10 pm

"Making sure a person is comfortable, during any recovery process should always be the most important thing, if they aren't comfortable they're more likely to give up," Sammy replied. She bit her lip at his comment about her getting hit on. "I don't actually," she said. "Ever, most people lose any interest once they see the walker..."
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis
Canon
Canon
Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:14 pm

"well, people are stupid... But that just means theres less of them ill have to fight with over you. Their loss" hed dropped his frown quikly and tried to turn the statement around. It wasnt like the people in her clinic had much a right to judge and it wasnt like there was any use in him getting angry over it.
Back to top Go down
Samantha James
Original
Original
Samantha James

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:21 pm

Sammy gave a small smile. She'd always been very insecure about the looks she got because of her disability. She always felt like people were staring. Her insecurity melted within seconds when Roger had said it was just less people he'd have to fight with over her. The fact that he even would fight for her made her feel special, important.
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis
Canon
Canon
Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:30 pm

He was glad to see Sammy look a little more.. Well ge didnt know the word was but it was one of the many things Samantha posessed that made her all the more amazing in his eyes. He didnt know why most of the population was so stupiditly judjemental. But it wasnt just toward people like Sammy. Collins, Mimi,him. Personally he thought everyone should direct their negativity towsrds Benny. Thatd be a trend worth supporting.
Back to top Go down
Samantha James
Original
Original
Samantha James

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Sammy smiled softly, humming a song she used to listen to with Chris when they would lay together like this, and he would sing to her. She started to sing softly, as if almost to herself.

Woke up to the sound of pouring rain
The wind would whisper and I'd think of you
And all the tears you cried, that called my name
And when you needed me I came through
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis
Canon
Canon
Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 am

He listened to her hum and then sing, both relaxed and intregued by the words of the song that seemed to come from two places at once. One day he wanted to sing with her. But some time later, when it wouldn't creep up on him with thoughts he'd simply rather not have. When he had words that were theirs, and not recycled. Only those words for now remained feeling inexplainable, intangible, even though his hand was still grasped in hers. He wanted his guitar, but he knew it would sound wrong, hurt, prove more frustrating than it did on a better day, even with a refined will. He hadn't writen anything since she died. Nothing he'd be willing to show for. Some pointless rambling to play with a band that broke up before they really started. Some more personal, more depressing verses that he wouldn't have sold even for a million dollars. He yawned silently. A few times. Stuffed his free hand in a pocket because the room sudenly decided to drop thirty degrees.. or that was him. Screw withdrawal. "Did you ever think about doing music?"
Back to top Go down
Samantha James
Original
Original
Samantha James

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:42 am

Sammy shook her head when Roger posed the music question. "I'd done fairs, state competitions, things like that back home," she said. "but I always knew where I belonged professionally." She moved the hand from Roger's hair, to clasp the key and the ring again. "Worked the nurse's office during free period for most of high school, little extra money to put towed Chris' care," she told him. "The clinic, it was my dream, it was our dream."
Back to top Go down
Roger Davis
Canon
Canon
Roger Davis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:03 pm

Roger nodded, understandingly. She hadn't needed to delve deeper- he felt he was making her do that a lot lately- but he hung on to her words. He knew then that was something that would never change than. Never should. And in a way it didn't sound as terribly tragic as hed expected, because she'd managed to make their dream a reality despite the things that happened. it took a lot to do that.
Back to top Go down
Samantha James
Original
Original
Samantha James

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:01 am

"Honestly, as cliche as this is gonna sound, it's kinda in my blood," said Sammy. "Momma, from what little I can remember of her, was a nurse, nana is a nurse, her mom was a nurse, as far back as I can remember, the women in my family have all done it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll Stand By You   I'll Stand By You - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'll Stand By You
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I Should Tell You :: Clinging a shoulder, a leap begins :: The Clinic-
Jump to: